Pay $20 an hour
Job type Full-time
As a part of our team, you will directly engage with potential and current residents to achieve our rental and occupancy goals. You will serve as the face of our company, articulating the benefits of our community. Your responsibilities will encompass the entire leasing process, from introduction to the resident’s actual move-in, and you will maintain communication throughout their tenancy.
- Saturday-Sunday: 10 am to 5 pm
- Monday-Wednesday: 9 am to 6 pm
Why Work for TPS?
We offer a range of benefits and opportunities:
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company Match
- Health Insurance, including Dental & Vision Insurance + FSA
- Career advancement training and opportunity
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Rental discount
- Competitive Wage Rate: $20/hour + Commission
- Provide prospective residents with information about our apartments and the community. Schedule visits and ensure a satisfactory lease rate.
- Welcome visitors, assess their qualification for the community, and maintain positive resident relations through follow-up activities.
- Clearly explain all lease and community policies to new and existing residents.
- Prepare and assist with leasing paperwork efficiently and accurately, including applications, lease agreements, employment and credit checks, and move-in packets. Update flyer information as necessary.
- Handle the collection of security deposits, rent, and all other funds associated with resident moves.
- Communicate changes in leased unit status to the Maintenance Department and maintain unit availability information.
- Address service requests and relay them to the Maintenance Department.
- Follow up with prospects after initial community visits through thank you notes or email and call-backs.
- Support marketing efforts and provide input on promotions and advertisements.
- Maintain a comprehensive knowledge of the community, including rent and pricing information, vacancies, apartment availability, lease expirations, and square footage.
- Ensure compliance with state and local (Seattle) landlord-tenant Fair Housing laws and standards. Complete Yardi E-Learning classes.
- Monitor community advertisements, maintain a prospect pipeline, and check advertisement accuracy, including Craigslist.
- Prepare monthly competitive market survey reports and analyze real estate market trends and conditions in the area. Regularly conduct shop comparisons.
- Proactively address concerns related to apartments that are slow to lease and provide recommendations to the Business Manager. Set up and maintain mini models.
- Inspect vacant apartments regularly to ensure they are ready for prospective residents. Schedule touch-up cleaning and maintenance as needed. Collaborate with management and maintenance staff to maintain curb appeal and property appearance.
- Maintain current resident files.
- Assist in collecting from current and former tenants.
- Engage with the local business community and build relationships with other residential communities.
- Aid the Business Manager in implementing resident retention and renewal programs.
- Offer recommendations to management for improving the community’s overall operation.
- Attend and assist in coordinating resident relations and activities, such as newsletters and parties.
- Accompany vendors or contractors to resident apartments when necessary.
- Provide transportation to residents or prospective residents via motorized vehicles on property grounds and run errands as required.
- Represent the company professionally at all times, maintaining a courteous attitude when dealing with residents, coworkers, and the general public.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to TPS’s Grooming Standards and Dress Code Guidelines for a professional business environment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid driver’s license, a sound driving record, and auto insurance.
- Computer literacy, including proficiency in Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and property management software.
- A minimum of two years of sales experience, with a preference for a background in hospitality or property management.
- Experience with Yardi Voyager software is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Fair Housing Law.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.